18 November 2011
9 November 2012
25 November 2013
17 November 2014
can we talk about LOUIS TOMLINSON the kid who failed his a levels the first time, the kid who was told by his teachers he would never amount to anything, the kid who got fired from every job, the kid who never took anything seriously because he was too afraid to fail, singing so sweetly and earnestly, “I think I’m gonna win this time” and “I won’t give up this time” and “I change my luck”
With such a hectic schedule are any of you guys into things like juicing, detoxing, super healthy living?
Audio post with 1 note
003. 3 Doors Down - Here Without You
When I was a freshman in college, I found myself exploring the internet world of Direct Connect hubs. They were meant to filesharing and download hubs, but they also had chat rooms where I basically immersed myself into the Otaku Anime Network group. I ended up being a network modrator and fell into a sort-of internet relationship with another mod. He recorded himself singing this and sent me the mp3 file right before I left school for the summer (and would thus no longer have internet access, leaving us to communicate via snail mail and infrequent phone calls). The end of this story will come with another song, but this particular song always reminds me of that time.
Audio post with 1 note
002. Soul Decision - Faded
When I was in high school, I was on the swim team. It should be noted at this point that I am actually a terrible swimmer, but I had so much fun being on the team that I never quit. Plus it was my only sport. We used to sing this song on the bus on the way back from away meets. Now, 10 years later, I listen to it again and wonder why no one ever said anything to us about the lyrics.
Source: SoundCloud / Me559
001. Disney - The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room
At some point in my childhood, my siblings and I picked up nicknames from my dad. They were just silly like terms of endearment that stuck for reasons that I suspect no one remembers now. Mine was Tiki-tiki. It was a reference to this song. In 4th grade we went to Disneyworld and going to the little show where the robot birds sang this song was possibly the greatest thing that had ever happened to me.
Post with 2 notes
So I reblogged that 100 day song challenge yesterday, but then I looked closer at the list and realized that it wasn’t going to be any fun for me to struggle to find a song for each day. So instead, I’ve decided to post 100 days of songs that: remind me of something or someone, make me smile, make me cry, make me feel a THING. Part music sharing, part story and memory sharing.
We’ll see how long it takes me to get bored of it. I kinda hope I make it though.
Tag: 100 music feels
WWA Tour Chicago Aug 30, 2014. photo by ventiturtl.
One song a day for the next 100 days. I hope you guys join me!01. A song that makes you smile.
02. A song that makes you laugh.
03. A song that makes you cry.
04. A song that makes you want to dance.
05. A song that helps clear your head.
06. A song that always gets stuck in your head.
07. A song that gets you pumped up.
08. A song that calms you down.
09. A song that means a lot to you.
10. A song that has a new meaning to you every time you hear it.
11. A song that would be the theme song of your life.
12. A song that reminds you of summer.
13. A song that reminds you of winter.
14. A song that reminds you of a family member.
15. A song that you would consider a guilty pleasure.
16. A song that was released in the ‘60s.
17. A song that was released in the ‘70s.
18. A song that was released in the ‘80s.
19. A song that was released in the ‘90s.
20. A song that was released in the ‘00s.
21. A song that was released this year.
22. A song that needs more recognition.
23. A song that everyone knows the lyrics to.
24. A song that got you hooked on a band.
25. A song that you loved right from the first 5 seconds.
26. A song that you need to be in a certain mood to listen to.
27. A song that will always be in your top 5 favorites.
28. A song that's connected with a memory.
29. A song that’s very simple and repetitive but you love anyway.
30. A song that’s a one hit wonder.
31. A song that’s a power ballad.
32. A song with a line you would tattoo on your body.
33. A song with a color in the title.
34. A song with a number in the title.
35. A song with a place in the title.
36. A song with a name in the title.
37. A song with more than 5 words in the title.
38. A song with a question as the title.
39. A song with a one syllable title.
40. A song with “Q” as the first letter of the title.
41. A song with “K” as the first letter of the title.
42. A song with “F” as the first letter of the title.
43. A song with “N” as the first letter of the title.
44. A song with “E” as the first letter of the title.
45. A song with “J” as the first letter of the title.
46. A song with the word “fire” in the title.
47. A song with the word “under” in the title.
48. A song with the word “little” in the title.
49. A song with the word “go” in the title.
50. A song with the word “eye” in the title.
51. A song with a great title.
52. A song with a great guitar solo.
53. A song with a great drum solo.
54. A song with a great keyboard solo.
55. A song with great vocal harmonies.
56. A song with lyrics that could read like poetry.
57. A song you haven't listened to in a long time.
58. A song you had to look up the lyrics to.
59. A song you sing in the shower.
60. A song you liked this time last year.
61. A song you liked when you were younger.
62. A song you tap/drum/hum the beat of.
63. A song you can play on an instrument.
64. A song you wish you could play on an instrument.
65. A song you play when you can’t sleep.
66. A song you can't help but sing along to.
67. A song you hate from a band you love.
68. A song you used to love but now hate.
69. A song you would choose for karaoke.
70. A song you're currently obsessed with.
71. A song your parents played in the car when you were younger.
72. A song people wouldn't expect you to like.
73. A song by an artist that goes by a one word name.
74. A song by a band's lead singer.
75. A song by a band with a ridiculous name.
76. A song by a band you have on a T-shirt.
77. A song by a two-person band.
78. A song by a band with more than 5 people in it.
79. A song from a genre you usually dislike.
80. A song from an album with a beautiful cover.
81. A song from an original film score.
82. A song from a musical.
83. A song from a TV show theme.
84. A song in another language.
85. A song under 2 minutes long.
86. A song over 6 minutes long.
87. A song for a rainy day.
88. A song for a road trip.
89. A song for moving on.
90. A song for not giving a shit.
91. A song without words.
92. A song cover better than the original.
93. A song with an acoustic version better than the original.
94. A song from a really obscure band.
95. A song currently stuck in your head.
96. A song you've seen performed live.
97. A song by one of your favorite bands. (#1)
98. A song by one of your favorite bands. (#2)
99. A song by one of your favorite bands. (#3)
100. A song. Actually, not just “A song”. THE SONG.
Page 1 of 160